Saturday 20 March 2010

Vintage Easter tins and crafting




Well as the days are now getting a tinsy bit longer I am more inclined to get on with sewing - I hate sewing in a fag end light (as my mother would say) ditto that low in the sky glaring light of winter. It will soon be the perfect light so the table is spread with fabrics all of varieties. Yesterday I ran up some cheerful bunting for the front of the house - made from bag of 1970 Laura Ashley scraps that I found. Also took some pictures of one or two of my vintage tins - can you have too many tins? Aren't they just the most useful item for squirrling away bits and bobs. I particularly like the detail on the vintage bunny tin - as the bunny family are baking the sides are peppered with images of kitchenalia!

1 comment:

  1. What a hive of activity! Do your girls like to sew?

    ReplyDelete