Wednesday 7 March 2012

Dropping in...

As so often happens I have bitten off a little more than I can chew at the moment, but it is good to be busy so must not grumble.  Just posting a little update on those printed purses.  I was sent a scan of an envelope to make into a Mother's Day gift - it shows the address of where a friend's mother grew up as a child (as addresses are in the public domain and she no longer lives there I hope it is ok). I printed this onto some lovely vintage double damask fabric.  The photographs do not show the damask that well but I love how the lustre floral pattern is 'revealed' in certain lights.


I had to sift through a fair bit of fabric to find the right matching blue that I knew I had in the house somewhere.  Interesting that the postmark is for the Olympics held in that year - what goes around comes around.

I am considering setting up an on-line shop called 'Printed Purses R Us' - though that might 'lower the tone' do you think???? (um - that was me trying to be funny!)

Thank you as always for your kind words - I will be back!

5 comments:

  1. Not sure about the shop name, but I'd love to be able to buy one of your adorable purses! Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks - that shop idea was me trying to be funny....not very well I think!!. If time permits I might make some of those nice embroidered ones again for Easter time and if I am feeling brave I will post them here
      Thank you again

      Delete
    2. I figured you were kidding, but I do think the purses are fab!

      Delete
  2. Love the purse and lovely fabric weave too... How did you print it onto the fabric though? and Yes I've been wondering do you have an outlet somewhere to sell or indeed do you run little workshops to share your crafty ways??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - thank you, if you have a gander at a previous posting about purses I have outlined how to do this, very straightforward but quite effective. I particularly like being able to create something that is very personal to the recipient. I am a bit coy about the things that I make as I do very much worry about people buying things that they have not been able to see 'in the flesh'. One day I might feel brave and go 'live' that said I sell things on ebay from time to time and run the gauntlet of the 99p pricing!! Yikes! A workshop with fellow crafting folk would be wonderful....mmmm....I live by the sea...mmmm..... crafting on the beach....seaside theme...Actually I have made wind breaks out of vintage fabrics and they cause a bit of stir when we peg them on the beach...I might dig out some old photos!

      Delete