Monday 14 January 2013

More cathedral window patchwork bits....


As ever thank you for kind words about packed cupboards and old tins - it is a funny business!

Always best to match your pincushion to 'your tea cup of the jour'!

You don't have 'a tea cup of the jour'!! 
Goodness me we will have to do something about that...I might...only might mind.....have a spare!


Anyway I had a phase of making cathedral window patchwork pincushions a while back - using pieces of vintage embroidery - this one I think went to one of my sisters and the one behind is used every day by my good self! 

 My personal pincushion (akin to a personal butler - fancy!) was  made using some vintage fabric that Cath Kidston sent to ME (still dining out on that one!) for the purses that I made for them - who knew! (You: "We did - because you keep ruddy going on about it" Ed: "She is still trying to make up for the Country Living debacle...")


 Stitching a bit wobbly I know but good enough from a  distance.  Machine stitched cathedral window is more tricky than hand stitched for me -  tricky in a 'tricky to get into the corners' sort of way - but it is quicker so give it a try if pushed for time.

"Martha"
"Yes Arthur"
 "Is there a great demand for a pincushion in a hurry?!!!!"
"Not really Arthur"
"Though not...."



Proof  - if proof is needed - that the 'reverse of purse' was indeed that fabricos (very nice it was too - 1950s)


What do you mean you don't have a 'purse of the jour'! Ho ho


Ending with a little zipped purse that I made for Maille (pronounced Mollie just in case you were wondering) ages ago - again machine stitched and again a bit messy


 (Martha "Did she say bit"...
 Arthur: "Should have gone to Specsavers"!!)

 As my old cathedral window pictures seem to have found themselves elsewhere on the interweb...  (mmmmm....) I thought that I would post some other ones here.  Could I please kindly ask that they stay here...together...in one cosy place...with words that match....like 'Mr Rolls and Mr Royce', like 'tea and cake', like 'bra and knickers'....many thanks...


Tra la la
Fiddle de dee
Off I go to machine stitch some more cathedral window patchwork by me.....

?????????????


PS Did not intend to post this today but I see that it has appeared as being so on other blogs - most odd.  I confess that I sometimes accidentally press the publish button but today Blogger has decided all by itself!  Strange thing Blogger....

PPS: Just returning to this post because I now remember that one of these photos was in the Country Living entry that they 'loved' so much and wanted to know how to make them...bitter am I though.....always the bridesmaid...ha ha!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely post .. Wow, THE Cath Kidston? Lovely purses too, in fact lovely is my word de jour today

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. purses ?
    pincushions ?
    ...........
    it is ART !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daw - I'm blushing now!
      Thank you kindly
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Love your pin cushions!!! Oh, and your purses too!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there and thank you for your kind words
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. The cathedral windows pincushions are so,so pretty and the purses are just fab Jenny :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always dear Barbara
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  5. Hi Jenny, I have one of your beautiful cathedral pincushions and now have a little collection of various cushions,they are quite small to store and have the added advantage of being very useful, I need a bigger place to keep them so MAY try and make a pincushion box to keep them all together!Can also use the larger ones to diplay my brooches on.Is Ms Kidston going to sell your purses?Warm regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Pam - a cushion can be used for all manner of things and keeping brooches safe sounds like a very good idea. I look forward to seeing your pincushion box
      Purses all sold - Covent Garden don't you know!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh - I just found your blog - it's WONDERFUL! Cath Kidston!!!! Wow - and I just love those cathedral window pincushions - and your shelves.... so cute. I could go on all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Patti
      Welcome abroad and thank you for your kind words
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  7. Jenny, At first I couldn't imagine why on earth you didn't want this fabulous blog of yours on Pinterest until I published my own blog's photographs there and then had a Giveaway.... "Give it to me." Signed, Double D's. 84 comments later I know that you are not only amazingly talented, but oh so smart!
    Your windows are very lovey! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dearie me and golly gosh! I had similar comments when I posted pictures of some of my old gloves - who knew!
      Thank you for your kind words
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete