Tuesday 2 July 2013

It's been a good year for the roses.....and the peonies.....and the poppies....lots of pictures..... mainly of exactly the same thing!!!!!

Welcome to new followers - come on in and stay awhile.

Still have not blog visited ("No -  but you had time to write this"...."Not really, this was written a week or so ago and then I added in some extras from the weekend")

As always could I please ask that my photos stay here - I notice a few straying and being stripped of belonging to my good self which is a shame...

I cannot begin to tell you how much pleasure our teeny tiny garden gives us ("I think that she has forgotten that she has told us that already..." Brad in Baltimore)

I bought this old flower vase many years ago from a jumble sale - it usually lives in the garden shed.....along with some other vases.....



Can you smell these - take a big sniff!


These peonies and my favourite rose do not last very long - just a day or so.  This little white rose is extra special for me - I will do a post just about this rose! All the flowers seen here originated from my mum's garden many years ago (not these particular flowers - that would be daft!!!!!!!).

We are merely custodians.....



Change of setting....



Please switch to another channel if this is now a bit boring.

"A BIT!!"  Nigella in South Ken...


Just showing the top bit of this container - beautifully shaped openings for each flower


Of all the photographs that I have ever taken I think that these might be some of my favourites (family excluded of course!)



How I love the folds. pleats, ruffles and crimps

 Go and get your best rose hat if you really must!




My dear old hat slowly falling apart sadly


Sort of fitting in with the posting brief..... I have plonked these photographs here too:  I bought these two old cushion covers from the car boot on Sunday - a bit rough and ready and frayed but only 50p. I turned one into a purse as a gift for my manager as she has supported me in my studies for the past two years (to become a fellow of the Higher Academic Academy...for what it's worth!).

"Jenny you really know how to splash the cash and spoil someone......" Albert in Alberta.  That's a bit cheeky Albert!  I am possibly a bit tight fisted....in a good way.....'saving in order to be able to spend' sort of way......it's the thought that counts.....

 Anyway by the afternoon it had gone from this (note the big stain toward the bottom...after washing still there):


Real roses sneaking in....


 Moved indoors for the sewing process....oh dearie me....should have tidied up first of course.....



Hang on a minute .....this WAS after a tidy up!!!   Have I mentioned before that I am partial to a bit of colour and pattern.............


 Enough already....


Those plates (plastic, vintage Melaware) were left out after camping the other weekend - sometimes it takes a while to put things away and I don't know why they are in this room in the first place!!!! What the heck is going on!!!



Sew, sew, zip, zip - all done...

To this.....





 Bottom admiration always encouraged - thank you!


  Partial to top stitching as usual


Could you please admire my bottom....


Tra la  la
Fiddle dee dee
Roses are the thing for me....



'Grow the roses...those rosy roses...grow the roses of success'....

Join in at the back.....

60 comments:

  1. Oh how perfectly beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the custodians - or the custardians (sorry couldn't resist that one!)Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I wish that I had thought of that one!
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Oh my a lot of loveliness going on here - what a brilliant idea for the purse - the fabric is just lovely. I would be quite chuffed to receive as a present! (I've been stalking for awhile just so you know lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the stalking (!!) Jewels - I think that my friends and family are saturated with such things!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. Folds, pleats, ruffles and crimps...peonies forever! Love love this post x thanks for sharing xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite delicious aren't they
      Have a lovely day
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  5. Your bottom is the absolute tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Angela - you have made my day!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  6. Just started this blogging lark and found your page the other day I must say I think I'm going to like you very much you have lots of pretty pictures and you make me laugh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly chezabel - I hope that you visit again
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  7. You have inspired me to mix some embroidered pieces with some of my vintage fabrics that I've been saving. So pretty.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for your kind words - I look forward to seeing your makes
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  8. Ooh I love peonies too! I have one of my Dad's in the garden, but it actually only lasted a day, because when it 'popped' it was so wet and blustery it just got battered to bits. Wish I'd realised earlier ... I'm keeping my eye on the other buds (not many this year though).

    Lovely, lovely pics ... the sewing ones are amazing!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claire
      They do take a bit of a battering don't they - I end up picking them so that they escape the wind and rain.
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  9. Lovely old Roses there Jenny... I wonder if you know their names and if any are ramblers? I'm on the look out for a smallish white or cream rambler with a lovely scent and would welcome any suggestions... gardens bring such joy! Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cass - I will reply to you other email and will try and send cuttings in the post (they will be wet!) - I think that this is a sport of Little White Pet or Felcite Perpetua
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous peonies! I wish I had thought of taking some bits out of the garden at my old family home. The little purse is lovely - I wonder who did the embroidery years ago? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Jacky - indeed the history behind these bits and bobs is a wonderment
      BEst wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  11. Beautiful combination of fabrics on the purse and your garden roses and peonies are so beautiful. I quite like the way that these flowers only have a short life inside the vase, it makes them even more special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed - I wait and wait and wait all year just for those few moments of loveliness
      Happy birthday to you
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  12. Ah - a bag! I wasn't sure at first if it was a cushion, but the bottom clinched it for me (Hope I'm right).

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a bag - I used to make cushions but then got 'cushioned out' a bit!

      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  13. Can almost smell the blooms. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Catherine - they have the most splendid smell
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  14. Ahhh Cootard....

    so agreeable to be back blogging....your bottom is simple perfection to behold, as ever!
    ......as for your top stitching, i do believe a gold star is in order...?

    Happy days Cootard, happy days....

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bow my head in thanks Miss Daisy
      Happy days indeed
      Best wishes
      La Cootard

      Delete
  15. Beautiful flowers and a lovely bottom too!!!! Jenny I think you left me a message on your blog a few weeks ago, which I managed to delete before reading -sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Gill - it was just that you blog seems to have vanished and I wonder if you still had it?

      I hope that all is well
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  16. Ahh you've got to LOVE Peonies, they're just so blousey. It would be lovely to be able to wax dip them or something to make them last. My eldest is a florist and gets to go on the Dutch lorry once a week to choose the flowers for the shop...smell is giddying {is that a real word?} and choosing difficult!
    Im sure the prezzie will be very much appreciated
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to be a florist - I looked into doing a course once but decided that it was one too many things to be doing.
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  17. Love all of your photos. Oh my you have a massive fabric stash. I wouldn't sleep at night if I had that much stuff whirling round in my creative brain! Love Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo - you know I don't sleep at night. One day I will post photos of stash in its entirety.....oh dear
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  18. Just lovely and a perfect bottom too ... I can never get my bottom quite how I'd like it to be ... M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vintage Jane - I empathise with your bottom - my bottom is not quite right - sometimes a little large and sometimes not quite aligned - sometimes has threads hanging out...oh my - oh my!!!!!

      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  19. Love, love, love those roses. They certainly are a success! Love the purse too. That song is now going on in my head ... Grow the roses!
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear
      I know what you mean - going round in my head too....
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  20. Beautiful photos. I have the same tiny palest pink roses around my porch. Taken from my mums garden after she died and we were clearing the house, I could not bear to leave it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - that is lovely - the nicest way of saving memories I think.
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  21. Super bottoms!
    Gorgeous roses too! it must be a good year for roses - mine are looking particularly fine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - despite the rocky start the flowers have come good I think
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  22. I adore roses and peonies (even if they are a bit blousey)
    Your vase is perfect for them,so pretty
    I have a Christmas rose (hellebore) from my mums garden..it came to Cornwall with me and is now here in Staffordshire, I suppose they are like heirlooms.
    Happy summer days Jenny
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - and the great thing about hellebores is that they self seed and so you can keep passing them on
      Happy summer days indeed
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  23. Roses, peonies fabulous, your vase is wonderful (vase envy!) and sets the flowers of a treat....your fabric stash is do die for and the way you put things together is a joy to see - keep up the good work lass :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daw - thank you Barbara - you are very kind
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  24. Beautiful flower photos! We actually can grow peonies here in this part of Alaska but last winter killed off a lot of them due to our freeze and thaw we had going on. I also lost several of my fantastic Blue Poppies.
    I love all the color you have going on the your choices in linens, Fantastic!! Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the extra information about your poppy Nan - thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  25. As always you have a magnificent bottom. Blooming lovely. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bow my head in thanks
      Best wishes Philippa and I hope that all is well
      Jenny

      Delete
  26. Wow, to the flowers and your fantastic, creative space! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will soon be moving to a different space but need to decorate....again....
      Have a lovely days
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  27. Gorgeous gorgeous!!! and your stash is beautiful too!! I just love your bag you made!! :) Happy day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly - I make lots of bags! Family are fed up of bags I think!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  28. You are right. Could smell those flowers. Brilliant pictures. Thanks for sharing. So talented! Visiting from Hens rule. Angels to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for calling in and your kind words - have a lovely sunny day
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  29. You are right to be proud of those photos, they are utterly gorgeous. That vase is brilliant - I was trying to figure out how you achieved such a perfectly balanced arrangement but then I saw the clever little openings...love it. xx

    ReplyDelete